Whole Foods Mac and Cheese Recall Claims Product Contains Undeclared Allergen
Recently, Whole Foods Market has announced its recall of prepared macaroni & cheese from stores in five states. Here’s what we know, thus far, about the Whole Foods Mac and Cheese Recall
According to reports, the product is made of egg, an allergen that was not stated on the label.
Despite this issue, the company hasn’t received any reports of injuries.
Moreover, the recalled products were distributed at stores in Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Below are the products included in the recall:
- Macaroni & Cheese, chef’s case
- Macaroni & Cheese, packaged
- Macaroni & Cheese, online and catering
- Rotisserie Chicken Meals with Mac & Cheese and Broccoli, packaged
- Fried Chicken Meal with Mac & Cheese, packaged
- Fried Chicken Meal with Mac & Cheese, packaged on hot bar
- Chicken Rustico Romano Chef Plate with Mac & Cheese and Broccoli, packaged
- Chicken Breast Chef Plate with Mac & Cheese and Broccoli, packaged
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs Chef Plate with Mac & Cheese and Green Beans
- Roasted Turkey Chef Plate with Mac & Cheese and Broccoli, packaged
The company confirmed that the recalled products come in plastic containers and family-style meal kits. Also, there were Whole Foods Market scale labels in the prepared foods department. Also, the recalled product is sold both hot and refrigerated.
Meanwhile, reports also stated that the products can be purchased from the chef’s case counter and Whole Foods Market online and catering menus.
Have you purchased Whole Foods Macaroni and Cheese? Have you suffered an allergic reaction due to its undeclared allergen? Tell us about your experience with it.
What You Need To Do
Consumers who bought the recalled products should present a valid receipt to stores for a full refund.
Meanwhile, consumers who may have additional questions may contact (844) 936-8255 between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday, or 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Editor’s note on The Whole Foods Macaroni and Cheese Recall:
This piece is to inform you about The Whole Foods Macaroni and Cheese Recall.
We’d be happy to help you take a step in the right direction, fight this issue, and better enable you to join in on any potential consumer class action. If interested, please send an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com, find us on Twitter or Facebook, or even connect with us directly on our website! We look forward to hearing from you all.
Similarly, please check out our current list of Class Actions and Class Action Investigations, here.
Interested in articles like these? Become a subscriber below!