FDA Orders Return Of Vitafusion Items
In a recall order released by the United States Food and Drug Administration or FDA, authorities have directed the store pull-out, affecting many vitafusion vitamins targeted for young kids.
Published in mid-April, the announcement included the details of why the child supplement products were recalled.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc., the company behind the gummy bear-shaped vitafusion supplement products, has shared that they decided to initiate the recall after receiving reports from consumers stating that they had found a metallic mesh material when they used the product.
As of writing, there were only two documented cases of customers finding the foreign object inside the bottles of Vitafusion.
Additionally, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. elaborated that there were no cases of injuries filed to them.
Experts have warned that the ingestion of synthetic materials, a metallic mesh object in this specific case, could cause damage to a person’s digestive system.
The government agents have warned the members of the general public to stop using their vitafusion vitamin product immediately.
The item’s manufacturer has opened their Consumer Affairs division to process queries and hand out refunds to affected users of the said product.
The Details To Look Out For
To know whether the vitafusion vitamins product that you have at home is a part of the recall, here are the following things you need to know:
Determine if your item is included in the list of products up for company callback. They’re enumerated below:
- vitafusion FiberWell (90 count and 220 count);
- vitafusion Kids Melatonin (50 count);
- vitafusion Melatonin (44 count and 140 count);
- vitafusion MultiVites (150 count); and,
- vitafusion SleepWell (250 count).
Take note of the dates placed on the label. Only vitafusion products that are made between 29th October and 3rd November in 2020 are acknowledged by authorities and are included in the batch of affected items.
The said items have the following UPC Codes:
- vitafusion FiberWell (0-27917-01890-4 for the 90 count pack and 0-27917-01984-0 for the 220 count pack);
- vitafusion Kids Melatonin (0-27917-00170-8 for the 50 count pack);
- vitafusion Melatonin (0-27917-28011-0 for the 44 count pack and 0-27917-02671-8 for the 140 count pack);
- vitafusion MultiVites (0-27917-01919-2 for the 150 count pack); and,
- vitafusion SleepWell (0-27917-02524-7 for the 250 count pack).
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is a company that specializes in making and selling different household products and is incorporated in Delaware. The company is currently managed by its CEO Matthew Farrel and has more than 4,000 employees under its wing.
Editor’s Note on Vitafusion Kids Gummy Recall 2021:
This recall report aims to provide you the latest information in the FDA order that covers Church & Dwight Co., Inc.’s vitafusion vitamin products for kids.
What are your thoughts on this piece? Please send us a message by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below! We’d love to hear back from you.
Suggested Recall: Torn & Glasser Dark Chocolate Beans Recall.