Tastykake Baked Products Recalled Due To Fears That They May Have Foreign Metal Materials In Them
A number of Tastykake pastry products are being recalled by Flower Foods, Inc. for fears that they may have tiny fragments of metal mesh wires in them that may negatively affect consumers.
Tastykake Recall Initiated By Flower Foods
According to a company announcement posted on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) official site, Flower Foods went ahead with the product recall after it was notified of possible contamination in one of the ingredients used in the recalled products.
As of writing, there are no reported instances that a person has been hurt or hospitalized after accidentally consuming the pulled-out Tastykake pastry items. Nevertheless, officials and Flower Foods have urged buyers to not eat the recalled baked goods for their own safety.
In addition, the Tastykake Recall announcement has noted that Flower Foods customers who have accidentally bought the recalled items can ask for a full refund if they return their purchases.
Surrounding Details About The Announced Tastykake Products Recall
Meanwhile, below are the following details you need to know about the recalled products.
The following are the Tastycake pastry products that are recalled:
- Tastykake Buttercreme Iced Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with their inner packages sold separately (14.25oz or 6-2 ct. packaging with UPC# 0-25600-00004-5);
- Tastykake Buttercreme Iced Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes (14.25oz or 6-2 ct. packaging with UPC# 0-25600-00230-8);
- Tastykake Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes (14.25oz or 6-2 ct. packaging with UPC# 0-25600-00223-0); and
- Tastykake Chocolate Cupcakes (12.75oz or 6-2 ct. packaging with UPC# 0-25600-00219-3); and
- The abovementioned pulled-out items from the market were distributed and sold in the following states or areas: West Virginia, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Editor’s Note on Tastykake Recall:
This article is about the recall announcement from the FDA concerning different Tastykake baked products over possible metal contamination.
What are your thoughts on this piece? Please send us a message by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below! We’d love to hear back from you.