Potential Contamination of Watermelon Chunks with Listeria monocytogenes
A limited quantity of watermelon chunks from select stores is being recalled by Country Fresh for potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The company is recalling their watermelon chunks shipped directly to Walmart and RaceTrac’s retail distribution centers stores in select stores located in Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Texas with the following codes and best-if-used by dates:
- Watermelon 32oz, Lot URR0103, Use By 10/2/20
- Watermelon 32oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/3/20
- Watermelon 42oz, Lot URR0103, Use By 10/2/20
- Watermelon 42oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/3/20
- Watermelon 16oz, Lot URR0103, Use By 10/2/20
- Watermelon 16oz, Lot URS0103, Use By 10/4/20
- Watermelon 10oz, Lot URR0103, Use By 10/2/20
- Watermelon 10oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/3/20
- Watermelon 10oz, Lot URS0103, Use By 10/4/2
- Watermelon 5.5oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/4/20
- Summer Blend 5oz, Lot URR0103, Use By 10/2/20
- Summer Blend 5oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/3/20
- Summer Blend 5oz, Lot URS0103, Use By 10/4/20
- Melon Trio 5.5oz, Lot URE0103, Use By 10/4/20
The affected Country Fresh Watermelon Chunks were packaged in various clamshell containers with the following SKU’s:
Walmart – Freshness Guaranteed
- Watermelon 4 x 10 oz – UPC Code: 681131180672
- Watermelon 2 x 32 oz – UPC Code: 681131180672
- Watermelon Chunks 2 x 42 oz – UPC Code: 681131180658
- Watermelon Spears 4 x 16 oz – UPC Code: 681131180665
- Summer Blend FTC 4 x 5 oz – UPC Code: 681131355094
- Watermelon 5.5oz – UPC Code: 74641000644
- Melon Trio 5.5oz – UPC Code: 74641031945
No incidents of illnesses arising from the consumption of said product have been reported to date.
Consumers who purchased the product with the above-mentioned codes, best-if-used by dates, and SKU’s are advised to discard of the products immediately.
Questions and queries about the product and the recall may contact the customer service department at (877) 251-8300, Monday – Friday, 8 am-5 pm (CST).
Editor’s note on the news about the Country Fresh Watermelon Recall:
This article is created to inform you of the news about the Country Fresh Watermelon Recall. If you have questions regarding the news and its updates, please send us a message!
For further information, don’t hesitate to send us an email at Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com, find us on Twitter or Facebook, or even connect with us directly on our website! We look forward to hearing from you all.
Similarly, please check out our current list of Class Actions and Class Action Investigations, here.
Interested in articles like these? Become a subscriber below!