The Meijer Whole Cantaloupes and Cut Cantaloupe Recall
After discovering that their products may be possibly contaminated with Salmonella, Meijer, in conjunction with Eagle Produce of Aguila, Ariz., has announced its recall.
Despite the risks of the product being contaminated with Salmonella, the company hasn’t received any reports of illnesses as of this time.
According to reports, this recall includes the whole cantaloupe and select cut cantaloupe fruit trays and bowls in different weights ranging from 6–40 ounces sold between September 26 and October 5, 2020, at all Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
The company confirmed that the whole cantaloupe contains a sticker label indicating Kandy Brand from Eagle Produce. If the item has no sticker label to identify it, it should be considered part of the recall.
Furthermore, Meijer may have utilized cantaloupe ingredients that came from Eagle Produce in the store made products.
Below are the packaged products that come in clear plastic containers under the Meijer brand label:
- 9450 – Gas Station Mixed Melon Chunk Cup
- 9505 – Gas Station Mixed Fruit Cup
- 9644 – Gas Station Cantaloupe 6 oz
- 21921000000 – Fruit Frenzy Bowl 40 oz
- 21921400000 – Fruit Tray
- 21924800000 – Fruit Tray with Dip
- 21932300000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large PLU 4960
- 21933400000 – Mixed Melon Chunks Large Bowl
- 21933700000 – Mixed Melon Chunks Small Bowl
- 21960100000 – Fruit Frenzy 16 oz Bowl PLU
- 21971100000 – Strawberry/Pineapple Cup 6 oz
- 21971200000 – Mixed Fruit Cup 6 oz
- 21971700000 – Berry Explosion Cup 6 oz
- 21971800000 – Mixed Melon Chunk Cup 6 oz
- 21984400000 – Mixed Melon Cup
- 22012400000 – Mixed Fruit Cup
- 22019600000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Small Bowl
- 22020000000 – Fruit Frenzy 32 oz Bowl PLU 1
- 22021900000 – Cantaloupe and Honeydew Slices
- 22022000000 – Mixed Melon Slices
- 22045000000 – Fruit Palooza
- 22045200000 – Melons & Berries
- 22045300000 – Triple Treat & Melon
- 22061600000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large Kosher
- 22061700000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large Kosher
- 28873400000 – Fruit Salad
Have you bought any of the items mentioned above? Have you experienced any issues? Tell us about your experience.
What You Need To Do
Consumers who bought the recalled products are advised to stop consuming it. They are urged to dispose of or return the products to the nearest Meijer store for a full refund.
Meanwhile, consumers who may have additional questions may call Meijer at (800) 543-3704, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Editor’s note on The Meijer Whole Cantaloupes and Cut Cantaloupe Recall:
This piece is to inform you about The Meijer Whole Cantaloupes and Cut Cantaloupe Trays Recall.
If you are considered eligible to be among the class of consumers described in the article above, you may eventually be able to participate in receiving any compensation the court may award.
We’d be happy to help you take a step in the right direction, fight this issue, and better enable you to join the consumer class action. If interested, please send an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com, find us on Twitter or Facebook, or even connect with us directly on our website! We look forward to hearing from you all.
Similarly, please check out our current list of Class Actions and Class Action Investigations, here.
Interested in articles like these? Become a subscriber below!