Butterball Ground Turkey Products Recalled After Reports Show That They Are Contaminated With Blue Plastic
The authorities have recalled more than 14,000 pounds of Butterball ground turkey products after discovering that they may have been contaminated with blue plastic.
Officials Recall Ground Turkey Items Sold By Butterball Due To Presence Of Foreign Material
An announcement from the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) unit of the United States (U.S.) Department of Agriculture (USDA) was released after officials and Butterball company representatives received complaints from customers.
The said reports detailed a number of Butterball ground turkey buyers finding traces of blue plastic in the packaged meat products they purchased.
As of writing, there are no confirmed cases of injuries attributed to consuming the recalled Butterball ground turkey products.
Authorities have warned consumers to check their freezer storages to see if they have the recalled products stored. The general public is highly advised not to eat the recalled items.
Furthermore, a directive was given asking the consumers to throw the recalled Butterball ground turkey products away or return them to the store they have purchased them from.
Butterball Ground Turkey Recall Brief
Consider The Consumer has compiled important information about the recalled products below:
- The recalled ground turkey products were manufactured by Butterball, LLC on the 28th of September 2021;
- The following products are a part of the recall:
- Kroger GROUND TURKEY that comes in a 3lb tray packaging (with the following information in the product packaging: Freeze or sell date of 10/17/2021; Case code: 50211271; and Timestamps of 2314 through 2351)
- Farm to family BUTTERBALL all-natural Ground Turkey that comes in a 2.5 tray packaging (with the following information in the product packaging: Freeze or sell date of 10/18/2021; Case code: 50211271; and Timestamps of 2123 through 2302); and
- All of the recalled items contain an establishment number information of EST. P-7345 inside the mark of inspection certified by the USDA.
Editor’s Note on Butterball Ground Turkey Recall Over Blue Plastic Contamination:
This news report aims to share the details surrounding the recall order released by federal officials involving ground turkey products sold by Butterball. Reports were filed alleging that the mentioned items contained blue plastic contaminants.
Case Name(s) & No.(s): Butterball Ground Turkey Recall; N/A
Jurisdiction: United States (U.S.) Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) office
Allegation(s): Thousands of pounds of ground turkey sold by Butterball contained blue plastic foreign material in them.
What are your thoughts on this piece? Please send us a message by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below! We’d love to hear back from you.