Grimmway Farms Recalls Baby Carrots Over Risk of Salmonella Contamination
Grimmway Farms has voluntarily recalled several varieties of baby carrots and shredded carrots due to the risks of Salmonella contamination.
Grimmway Farms Carrot Recall, 2021
Grimmway Farms stated in the salmonella recall notice posted on the United States Food and Drug Administration’s website that no illnesses have been linked to the recalled carrot goods. This includes select Bunny Luv, Grimmway Farms, Cal-Organic, and O Organics baby — shredded and peeled carrot products.
The Salmonella recall was initiated, according to Grimmway Farms President and CEO Jeff Huckaby, as a consequence of a regular internal company test.
Huckaby added that their biggest priority is their consumers’ health and the integrity of their goods, and they will continue to monitor and share as further information becomes available.
The recalled carrot products are the following:
- Bunny Luv — 1 lb. bag, Organic Cut and Peeled Baby Carrots, UPC 0 3338390205, Best Before Aug. 17 and 20, 2021
- Bunny Luv — 3 lb. bag, Organic Premium Petite Carrots, UPC 0 7878351301 7, Best Before Aug. 15, 2021
- Cal-Organic —, 12 oz bag, Organic Petite Carrots, UPC 0 7878390810 3, Best Before Aug. 15, 2021
- Grimmway Farms — 10 oz. bag, Shredded Carrots, UPC 0 7878350610 1, Best Before Aug. 9, 2021
- O Organics — 1 lb. bag, Organic Peeled Baby-Cut Carrots, UPC 0 7989340850 7, Best Before Aug. 15, 2021
- O Organics — 12 oz. bag, Baby Rainbow Carrots, UPC 7989398162, Best Before Aug.13 and 14, 2021
According to the carrot recall notice, salmonella can cause severe and often deadly infections in children, frail or elderly, and others with weak immune systems.
Salmonella infection in healthy people frequently results in the following:
- vomiting, and
- abdominal pain
In addition, Grimmway Farms recalled certain shredded and chopped carrots supplied to food companies and foodservice distributors along with the retail products.
All affected food makers, foodservice distributors, and retail customers have been alerted. A large portion of the product has been recovered before being made available for consumption, the statement stated.
Grimmway Farms advises consumers not to ingest any of the recalled items and dispose of them properly. Consumers with inquiries may call Grimmway Farms through their customer service department at 1-800-301-3101, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, or visit the company’s website.
Editor’s Note on Baby Carrots Recall 2021:
This article is written to inform you of Grimmway Farms’ recall of its baby carrots product along with other companies.
Case Name & No.: Baby Carrots Recall 2021
Products/Services: Contaminated baby carrots
Reasons: Salmonella contamination concerns
What are your thoughts about the carrot recall? Click the “Contact Us” button below and share it with us!
Suggested Article: Sowtech Coffee Machines Recalled 2021.