Prepackaged Archer Farms and Freskët egg, tuna, and Thai lobster salads sold at Target and The Fresh Market are under recall for listeria contamination. Archer Farms deviled egg sandwiches, produced June 18, are also included included in the recall, according to the FDA.
Elevation Foods, supplier of the brand, says several containers tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. While a source of contamination has yet to be identified, the company wants consumers to know that it is continuing its investigation into the matter.
The affected products have the following USE BY dates and lot codes:
- Archer Farms-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019 (printed on the side of each container) UPC 085239018682, distributed nationwide
- Freskët-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container)
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon, UPC 220505000002, distributed nationwide
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain, UPC 498780203566, distributed nationwide
Target and The Fresh Market says in a statement all affected product has been removed store shelves. There have been no reported illnesses thus far. Consumers who have purchased the contaminated product should not eat it. The product can be returned to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers with questions should call 866-761-9566 or contact The Fresh Market Guest Relations at 866-817-4367.
Do you have additional information about this recall? Is there another recall you want us to cover? Tell us in the comments below. You can also contact us for more information! Feel free to shoot us an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even connect with us directly on our website!
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, political analyst and literary agent. She appears weekly for “Staggers’ State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been published by Paper Magazine, AfroPunk, The Spool, GREY Journal, MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!