On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced several Beauty Plus brand makeup products were being recalled after testing positive for asbestos. The recalled products included a beauty palette of colors, a bronzer, a shimmer bronzer and a matte blush:
- Beauty Plus Global Inc. City Color Collection Matte Blush (Fuchsia), SKU # 849136008807, Lot No. 1605020 / PD-840
- Beauty Plus Global Inc. City Color Cosmetics Timeless Beauty Palette, SKU # 849136012958, Lot No. 1510068 / PD-C864R
- Beauty Plus Global Inc. City Color Bronzer (Sunset), SKU # 849136016017, Lot No. 160634 / PD-P712M
- Beauty Plus Global Inc. Beauty Plus Global Inc. City Color Shimmer Bronzer (Caramel), SKU # 849136017106, Lot No. 1612112 / PD-840
Consumers should stop using the products immediately and report adverse reactions to FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Reporting program using one of the following methods:
- Completing the online reporting form at MedWatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form
- Downloading reporting the form, then submitting by fax to 800-FDA-0178.
Do you have additional information about this recall? Is there another recall you want us to cover? Tell us in the comments below. You can also contact us for more information! Feel free to shoot us an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even connect with us directly on our website!
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, political analyst and literary agent. She appears weekly for “Staggers’ State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been published by Paper Magazine, AfroPunk, The Spool, GREY Journal, MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!