Ford is issuing a safety recall for select vehicles due to potential lack of seat restraint in the event of a crash. The recall affects 483,325 vehicles in the U.S., 58,712 in Canada and 8,149 in Mexico.
About The Recall
Here are the details for the vehicles included in the recall that bears the reference number 19C07:
- The recall includes ertain 2018-20 Ford F-150, 2019-20 Ford F-Series Super Duty, 2018-19 Ford Explorer and 2019-20 Ford Expedition vehicles with a manual driver and/or front passenger seat-back recliner mechanism; and
- The recall includes certain 2020 Ford Explorer and 2020 Lincoln Aviator vehicles with rear outboard seats with manual seat-back recliner mechanisms.
- 2018-20 Ford F-150 vehicles built at:
- Dearborn Assembly Plant from Sept. 14, 2018, to Aug. 7, 2019, and
- Kansas City Assembly Plant from Sept. 11, 2018, through Aug. 2, 2019
- 2019-20 Ford F-Series Super Duty vehicles built at:
- Kentucky Assembly Plant from Sept. 9, 2018, through July 22, 2019, and
- Ohio Assembly Plant from Sept. 11, 2018, through July 17, 2019
- 2018-19 Ford Explorer vehicles built at Chicago Assembly Plant from Sept. 9, 2018, through March 3, 2019
- 2019-20 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Kentucky Assembly Plant from Oct. 16, 2018, through July 24, 2019
- 2020 Ford Explorer vehicles built at Chicago Assembly Plant from Nov. 21, 2018, through Aug. 21, 2019, and
- 2020 Lincoln Aviator vehicles built at Chicago Assembly Plant from April 12, 2019, through July 16, 2019.
Owners will be notified by Ford to take their vehicles to a dealer who will inspect the seat structure of affected vehicles. Most are expected to pass the inspection and require no repairs. If a repair is needed, it will be done at no charge.
Do you have additional information about this recall? Is there another recall you want us to cover? Tell us in the comments below. You can also contact us for more information! Feel free to shoot us an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even connect with us directly on our website!
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, political analyst and literary agent. She appears weekly for “Staggers’ State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been published by Paper Magazine, AfroPunk, The Spool, GREY Journal, MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!