The Ezzo Sausage Company in Columbus, Ohio has issued a recall of about 25,115 pounds of sausage and pepperoni products in the produced on October 29-30th and November 5th and shipped to distribution centers in Indiana and Ohio.
The pepperoni and sausage have been recalled after samples of the product tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.
The recalled products bear the establishment number “EST. 1838A” on the U.S. Department of Agriculture mark of inspection, and include the following 14 products:
- Ange’s Pizza Sausage for Pizza 38 mm Sliced
- Creno’s Pizza Sliced Sausage for Pizza
- GiAntonio Brand Sausage for Pizza 38 mm Sliced
- GiAntonio Brand Pepperoni 38 mm SLiced
- Josseppi’s Sliced Topper Pepperoni
- Masset’s Portofino Pepperoni
- Flyer’s Pizza & Subs 38 mm Sliced Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Burretto Pepperoni Sliced 51 mm
- Ezzo Brand Rough Chopped Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Natural Uncured Pepperoni Sliced 51 mm
- Chopped Pepperoni
- Pizza King Chopped Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Chopped Pepperoni
There have been no confirmed reports of illness from eating these products, but the FSIS is concerned that some of these products remain in distribution centers, restaurants or institutions. Restaurants and institutions that bought these products are urged not to serve them. Instead, they have been directed to throw them away or return them.
Do you have additional information on this recall? Tell us in the comments below. You can also contact us for more information! Feel free to shoot us an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even connect with us directly on our website!
Similarly, please check out our current list of Class Actions and Class Action Investigations, here.
Interested in articles like these? Become a subscriber below!
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, political analyst and literary agent. She appears weekly for “Staggers’ State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been published by Paper Magazine, AfroPunk, The Spool, GREY Journal, MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!