The year 2018 was relatively good financially – that is, until the end. As the year draws to a close, we find all of the financial gains wiped out completely amidst a stock market is in flux due to uncertainty over the federal budget, the government shutdown and a slow holiday shopping season. This year-end stumble has led many plans for investing in the new year astray and there seems little hope for a quick recovery in the early weeks of 2019.
There is hope, however, for those who were hoping to try their hands at investing in 2019 or building a long-term nest egg. While it is true that the uncertainty looming ahead on the federal landscape can create instability in the market, there are always ways in which one can invest a portion of their savings and not lose their shirt during such turbulent times. There are a few tried and true strategies to prepare you for investing. Nerdwallet recommends, “investing no more than 10% of your portfolio in individual stocks.” They offer some salient advice to help calm your nerves when parting with your money: Check your emotions at the door; Pick companies, not stocks; Plan ahead for panicky times; Build up your stock positions with a minimum of risk; Avoid trading overactivity.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In During 2019
Once you’ve assessed your readiness for investing and feel that you can withstand much of the fluctuations and uncertainty in the stock market, here is what he experts recommend: investing in dividends. While dividends may have lower end-of-year payouts, they are the only stocks that are predicted to guarantee any payout. The Center for Financial Research & Analysis (CFRA) recommends the following as the 9 most promising dividend stocks to invest in for 2019. Check them out and see which piques your interest and can earn you some interest in the year to come:
- Broadcom (AVGO) – supplier of the Apple iPhone chip
- Bank of New York Mellon, Copr (BK) – U.S. bank with over $34 trillion in assets
- Comerica Incorporated (CMA) – a financial services company
- CVS Health Corp (CVS) – pharmacy company and retailer
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) – airline that returns 70% of their dividends to investors
- Eastman Chemical Co. (EMN) – is looking forward to years of growth in the market
- Morgan Stanley (MS) – given a “strong buy” rating by CFRA
- Prudential Financial (PRU) – also given a “strong buy” rating by CFRA
- SunTrust Banks (STI) – one of the largest regional banks with over $211 billion in assets
Do you have any suggestions for Dividend Stocks to invest in during 2019? Comment below and let us know your thoughts. Want to keep them private? Shoot us an email to Outreach@
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, and co-host and producer of “All Our Own” radio show and podcast and co-host of “Staggers State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been featured on MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!