Contigo issued a recall alert on Tuesday for 5.7 million kids’ water bottles sold by Walmart, Costco, Target, and other merchants due to a potential choking hazard.
The recall notice says the silicone spouts can detach and children could choke on them.
The company has received nearly 150 reports of the spouts detaching and nearly 20 complaints of those spouts being found in the mouths of children.
Here are the recall details:
- This recall involves Contigo Kids Cleanable water bottles.
- The base and cover of the clear silicone spout will always be BLACK.
- Only black color spout base and spout cover models are included in this recall.
- Contigo is printed on the rim and along the front near the bottom of the bottle.
- The water bottles come in three sizes (13 ounce, 14 ounce and 20 ounce) and four bottle colors (solid color, graphics, stainless steel and stainless steel solid colors).
- The water bottles were sold individually as well as in two-packs and three-packs.
Consumers are to stop using the product, place them out of reach of children and contact Contigo for a replacement lid. Call Contigo toll-free at 888-262-0622 from 8 am to 5 pm EST Monday through Friday, or online at www.gocontigo.com/recall regarding a replacement or with concerns.
Do you have additional information about this recall? Is there another recall you want us to cover? Tell us in the comments below. You can also contact us for more information! Feel free to shoot us an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even connect with us directly on our website!
About the Author: Aisha K. Staggers is a writer, lecturer, political analyst and literary agent. She appears weekly for “Staggers’ State of Things” on the Dr. Vibe Show. Her work has been published by Paper Magazine, AfroPunk, The Spool, GREY Journal, MTV News, HuffPost, Blavity, Atlanta Blackstar, For Harriet, New York Review of Books and a host of other first-run publications and syndicated outlets. Find her on Twitter @AishaStaggers. For more of her work, check out her page here!