Huda Beauty To Pay Qualified Consumers Up To $87 In A Recent Settlement Agreement
Beauty company Huda Beauty is set to pay eligible claimants up to $87 if they bought its Neon Obsessions Pressed Pigment Palette per a class action settlement it has agreed to enter into to end the litigation filed against it.
Cristie Ramirez v. HB USA Holdings, Inc., d/b/a Huda Beauty
The Huda Beauty Neon Obsessions Settlement originated from a class action lawsuit brought up against Huda Beauty by plaintiff Cristie Ramirez.
Ramirez argued that the Neon Obsessions Pressed Pigment makeup palettes were sold with false marketing claims in order to deceive buyers into purchasing them. The product is allegedly marketed as an eyeshadow, yet according to the complainant, there is a clear indication on the makeup palette’s back that it should not be used for the eyes.
Some even reported that they experienced eye irritation when they used the said Huda Beauty palette as an eyeshadow.
The makeup company vehemently denied the accusations raised against it, yet it has agreed to settle the case it faces instead. The plaintiff’s side has seconded the beauty brand’s decision as it believed too that taking on the settlement would be the best option for everybody.
As of writing, the court handling the case has not rendered any decision in favor of the parties involved in the legal proceedings.
Initial Details Concerning The Neon Obsessions Settlement
Consider The Consumer has included the following details to provide you with more information surrounding this particular case:
- Class members that can file a claim are only those who bought Huda Beauty’s Neon Obsessions Pressed Pigment makeup palette on or before the 15th of August 2021;
- Those who submitted their claim forms without any proof of purchase can receive a maximum amount of $30;
- Certified class members who are able to include any proof or evidence of their purchase of the abovementioned product can receive a settlement check of up to $87;
- The deadline for those who wish to be included to receive monetary payments and those who do not want to have anything to do in the class action settlement proceedings is on the 12th of January 2022;
- The final court hearing is scheduled for the 21st of February 2022; and
- As part of the settlement deal, Huda Beauty has pledged to include a disclosure on its products clarifying that they are not approved by the authorities from the Food and Drug Administration or FDA.
About The Company
Huda Beauty is a beauty and makeup company established by its founder, makeup artist Huda Kattan. A newcomer in the very competitive beauty industry, the company has been able to catch consumer tastes with its range of products, including eyeshadow palettes, foundations, and the like.
Editor’s Note on Huda Beauty Neon Obsessions Settlement:
This article aims to give you the initial details surrounding the settlement proceedings between Huda Beauty and its makeup buyers who sued the company for alleged product misrepresentation. You might also be interested in the Ulta BIPA lawsuit.
Case Name(s) & No.: Cristie Ramirez v. HB USA Holdings, Inc., d/b/a Huda Beauty; Case No.: 5:20-cv-01016 JG-SHKx
Jurisdiction: United States (U.S.) District Court for the Central District of California
Allegation(s): Huda Beauty Neon Obsessions Pressed Pigment Palette was falsely marketed as an eye product.
What are your thoughts on this piece? Please send us a message by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below! We’d love to hear back from you.