Bhang Corporation Agrees to Settle CBD Chocolates Lawsuit Filed Against Them
Bhang Corporation, a Cannabis company from Canada has agreed to resolve a proposed CBD Chocolates Class Action Settlement. The case filed against them alleged that they are selling CBD chocolates that don’t contain the amount of CBD and THC advertised.
According to plaintiff Charles Ballard, he and other consumers were tricked into buying Bhang CBD chocolates because of false advertising.
In this lawsuit, the plaintiff argued that the company violated the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act, the California False Advertising Law, and the California Unfair Competition Law. Allegedly, Bhang Corporation also breached express warranty and implied warranty of merchantability, fraud, and negligent misrepresentation.
More About the CBD Chocolates Settlement
“The actual amounts and/or levels of THC and/or CBD are substantially less than stated on the front and back of the labels, packaging, and marketing materials by Defendants,” the class action lawsuit asserts.
“The amounts and/or levels of THC and/or CBD are not only material but the primary reason consumers purchase THC and/or CBD products such as Bhang Products.”
Below are the products included in the CBD chocolates class action lawsuit:
- Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Toffee Chocolate
- Pretzel Chocolate
- Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate
- Fire Chocolate
- Ice Chocolate
- Cookies & Cream Chocolate
- Cherries & Cream
- CBD Caramel Dark Chocolate
- Parisian Espresso
- Caramel Mocha
- Dark Blueberry
- Full Spectrum CBD Dark Chocolate
- Full Spectrum CBD Milk Chocolate
As of this time, the terms of the settlement remain unclear. However, the plaintiff sought the following relief:
- An order declaring the defendants had violated the law
- A permanent injunction to stop Bhang from “making, disseminating, or causing to be made or disseminated before the public in this state, in any advertising device, any statement concerning products offered for sale that are untrue or misleading;”
- An order enjoining the company from continuing the alleged unfair practices and business acts;
- An award of actual damages, restitution or disgorgement;
- An order to correct or destroy all misleading labeling terms; compensatory and punitive damages;
- Prejudgment interest on all amounts awarded;
- Injunctive relief as the Court deemed appropriate; and
- Attorneys’ fees and court costs
Have you bought Bhang chocolate products thinking that the amount of CDB it contains is accurate as advertised? Tell us about your thoughts on this issue.
Editor’s note on the news about the CBD Chocolates Class Action Settlement:
This piece is to inform you about the CBD Chocolates Settlement.
For further information don’t hesitate to send an email to Outreach@ConsiderTheConsumer.com, find us on Twitter or Facebook, or even connect with us directly on our website! We look forward to hearing from you all.
Similarly, please check out our current list of Class Actions and Class Action Investigations, here.
Interested in articles like these? Become a subscriber below!