Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Homeowners To Get More Than $2,000 In Recent Wind Protection Class Action Settlement
Hawai’i property owners can benefit from a recently approved $320,000 class action settlement paid by Castle and Cooke Waikoloa over alleged defective wind resistant house designs.
Irene O. Britton, et al. v. Castle and Cooke Waikoloa LLC
The Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Wind Protection Class Action Saga
The class action settlement comes after homeowners sued real estate business Castle and Cooke Waikoloa alleging that its properties’ ‘wind resistant’ designs are ineffective and do not follow the local building codes of the area.
According to the Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Wind Protection Class Action, houses built and developed by the company are said to be more prone to wind damage due to the allegedly defective wind protection systems installed.
The defendant, Castle And Cooke Waikoloa LLC, has not admitted any misdeeds but has agreed to compensate the affected homemakers.
Details About The Settlement Of Irene O. Britton
Consider The Consumer has listed down the following information in relation to the Britton Settlement.
- Qualified homeowners that can join the settlement proceedings are those who own a property built after the 20th of August 2003 in Castle and Cooke Waikoloa’s real estate property developments projects named Makana Kai at Wehilani and Kikaha at Wehilani in Hawai’i.
- Almost a hundred class action members will benefit from the settlement fund distribution.
- It is estimated that each eligible property owner can get $2,536 as a settlement payment.
- Those who are looking to join the Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Wind Protection Settlement With Irene O. Britton can submit their filled-out W-2 forms on or before the 19th of January 2022.
- No proof of purchase is needed for this class action settlement.
- It is expected that claimants can receive their settlement checks by mid-February 2022.
- Those whose W-2 forms need further verification will not be able to get their settlement payments in February; and
- The court awarded a final approval status to the settlement deal on the 11th of October 2021.
Developments surrounding the case will be shared here on Consider The Consumer.
Editor’s Note on Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Wind Protection Settlement With Irene O. Britton:
This article dives into the important pieces of information settlement applicants need to know to participate in the Castle And Cooke Waikoloa Wind Protection Settlement. We also suggest you read the Morning Star Strand Bamboo Flooring Lawsuit.
Case Name(s) & No.(s): Irene O. Britton, et al. v. Castle and Cooke Waikoloa LLC; Case No.: 13-1-2277-08 GWBC
Jurisdiction: United States (U.S.) Circuit Court of the 1st Circuit, State of Hawai’i
Allegation(s): Houses built by Castle and Cooke Waikoloa LLC come with a faulty wind protection design that fails to protect properties from wind damage.
What are your thoughts on this piece? Please send us a message by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below! We’d love to hear back from you.